- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- The extremum race prep bottom bracket is the first external BB designed for BMX racing
- Unlike mountain biking where bikes are Exposed mud and water, BMX racers typically ride in relatively clean environments
- Meets or exceeds enbmx standards
- Extremum race prep bottom brackets may require more frequent maintenance, depending on your riding habits
- Available in anodized Red, Blue, Gold and Black to fit all 24-millimeter bottom bracket spindles and 68 or 73 x Bc1.37 inch bottom bracket shells
For years, pro BMX racers have modified their bottom brackets by removing the seals and replacing the grease with oil. This results in free-spinning cranks, but also significantly shortens the life of bottom brackets. The Extremum RacePrep bottom bracket is the first external BB designed for BMX racing. Unlike mountain biking where bikes are exposed mud and water, BMX racers typically ride in relatively clean environments. Dust not withstanding. The Extremum RacePrep bottom bracket features non-contact, titanium-coated SUS bearings, modified low-friction seals and lightweight lube. The titanium coating results in a low friction coefficient, increased corrosion resistance and smoother rolling bearings. The result is a BB with less drag and a level of bearing protection more in line with the needs of BMX racers.